According to Statista, as of June 2015, over 100 billion apps have been downloaded from the Apple App Store.
Today there is an app for absolutely everything and brands have realized how important a mobile strategy is if they want to compete in today’s fast paced, mobile-orientated world.
Just having a website is no longer going to cut it.
What is an app?
An app is a mobile application that can be used to interact with a brand, shop, play games or perform specific actions.
It gives users access to certain functionality without them having to open up a browser.
An app functions similarly to a website but it’s usually built with a specific outcome in mind while a website tends to be more general.
Benefits of building an app
Many small businesses aren’t always eager to build an app for their business due to the costs and expertise involved. Finding a good concept is also a common barrier to taking that next step.
With the abundance of help available out there, there’s no reason why your company can’t shop around for someone who can help your brand take this next step without spending a fortune.
Here are a few of the reasons why your brand will benefit from building an app:
- Increase consumer participation. Building an app is one of the best ways to get clients to interact with your brand more often.
- Gather valuable data. Having your own app makes it easier for you to learn more about your customers by gathering valuable data on them once they install your app. This will help you take your marketing campaigns up a notch too.
- Keep your brand top of mind. Not only will an app grow your online presence but it will also keep your brand top of mind among online consumers because you’ll have an icon right on their mobile device’s screen.
- Stand out from competitors. You might find that a few of your competitors already have apps but if not, building an app might just give your brand a much needed boost by helping you reach a larger online audience.
- Benefit from push notifications. When a user has your app installed on their mobile device you can take advantage of push notifications. Push notifications will show up in their notifications panel and gives you the opportunity to tell them about your latest specials, make them aware of an upcoming competition or simply remind them to come back and use your app.
- Improve customer service. Having an app gives consumers the chance to give you feedback on your marketing and branding efforts as well as your offerings, which in turn will help you grow your business.