To date, LinkedIn has over 460 million registered users and is still going strong. The platform has gone through a number of changes since its inception and is now the go-to platform for people looking to connect with other professionals from around the world.
Why use LinkedIn to find leads?
Along with LinkedIn’s large number of users, its advanced search features make it easier than ever for professionals to find people who work in specific sectors, have particular skills and have posted interesting content that can be shared with your own network.
Unlike other social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter, LinkedIn users have registered on the platform to connect with people in their industry and to expand their career and business horizons, making it the perfect place to reach out to potential leads.
Tactics for generating leads on LinkedIn
If you’re planning to include LinkedIn in your 2017 marketing and sales strategy, here are a few tactics that you can use to find more leads.
- Optimize your profile. Before you begin connecting with potential leads, make sure that your profile is as comprehensive as possible. When a potential lead views your profile they should be able to see a complete overview of who you are and what your experience is. Your LinkedIn title is very important as this is one of the first things people will see.
- Look into LinkedIn Sales Navigator. This tool allows businesses to build sales lead lists, get recommendations on influencers and prospects and see who in your company is connected with those prospects so that you can introduce your business.
- Join groups that are related to your business. Join LinkedIn groups that potentially have a similar target audience to you so that you can reach out to people who might be interested in what you have to offer. Don’t start pitching your business on the group page though, it’s all about engaging, connecting and positioning yourself as an expert.
- Create your own group. In order to position your business as an industry expert, create your own group so that you can not only promote your business but post valuable content that potential customers would find interesting.
- Follow influencers. When you follow a key influencer on LinkedIn, there’s a good chance that they’ve got a decent sized following too. By commenting on and sharing their content you’ll show that you’re an engaged user that’s providing value to others and in turn attract other likeminded individuals.