As of January 2017, there are over 600 million users on Instagram. That’s huge potential for brands that are trying to reach millennials and generation z.
Instagram offers a number of different options for engaging with your target audience. Brands can choose from photo and video ads to carousel ads and stories. All you need is a little creativity and enough followers to engage with your content.
Why your brand needs to be on Instagram
- Compared to other social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram marketers’ posts will reach 100% of their followers
- Instagram offers you a need way to visually represent your brand
- According to Shopify, sales from Instagram have higher average orders
- Instagram offers unique and compelling advertising opportunities
Hacks for growing your Instagram following
If you’re looking to extend your brand’s reach, try the following Instagram hacks to gain more followers.
- Spread the word. A simple yet effective way to increase your Instagram following is to make sure that people know about your account. Add an icon to your website and your email signatures and make an announcement on your other social media pages.
- Get involved. The more you like and comment on photos, the more followers you’ll gain. Marketer, Niel Patel, found that for every 100 posts he liked, he gained 6.1 new followers. If you’re going to comment on posts though, make it count. Generic comments won’t get you very far.
- Get behind popular tags. Hashtags will help people discover your posts. Do a little research and make a list of popular tags that you can start using with relevant posts in order to draw more attention to your brand.
- Find the right time of the day. If you want to get more strategic, it’s time to start paying more attention to your stats. While it’s great to post content on a regular basis, your posts will be even more effective if you’re posting at the right time of the day.
- Run a contest. Not only will a contest help grow your following on Instagram but it will also drive more traffic to your website, which will potentially lead to more sales. Get people to take a specific action to enter the competition such as liking a post, leaving a comment or generating their own content that can be linked to your brand. Don’t forget to promote your competition on your other social media pages too.