Running an online store means traffic is a metric you keep track of every daily. More traffic means more potential sales.
With so many online stores cropping up everywhere, competition has gotten pretty steep, meaning business owners need to think of new and innovative ways to market their eCommerce platforms if they want to stay afloat.
11 Clever eCommerce marketing tactics
Try some of the below marketing tactics if you’re looking to increase your website traffic.
- Create themed landing pages. Holidays are the perfect reason for people to do a little shopping. Create a custom landing page for each holiday that fits in with your line of products and run promotions and ads that link to that landing page.
- Generate content. Creating unique, engaging content on a regular basis is another great way to draw people to your website. Visual content such as video really draws a crowd, especially if it’s something worth sharing.
- Run a competition. When you run an online store, you don’t have to look too hard to find a good prize. Give shoppers a discount off their next purchase or throw in free delivery. Don’t forget to promote your competition to spread the word.
- Create an email campaign. Everyone loves to hear about a sale or a new range of products, especially if they’re the first people to hear about it. Make your email campaigns visual and exclusive, and don’t forget to only send to opt-in lists.
- Speaking of emails. There are a number of reasons why people abandon their shopping carts but there is a chance to save the sale. Develop an automated cart abandonment campaign that is sent out when a user doesn’t complete their online purchase. Remind them about what they were going to buy and make it easy for them to complete their order.
- Try out influencer marketing. Know of a local personality or celeb that your target audience would love to hear from? Get an influencer involved with your content as a draw card. You can interview them, get them to back your brand or make a how-to series with them. Get creative.
- Stay on top of the news. You never know when something newsworthy is going to happen so it pays to stay active on social media in order to pick up on any trending topics that your store can get behind.
- Create a loyalty program. The more your customers will benefit, the more involved they’ll want to be. Creating a loyalty program is easy and a great way to keep people shopping.
- Pop-up. If you’re looking to create more awareness, why not have a physical pop-up sale in order to create demand for your products? It’s a great way to create some hype around the eCommerce platform.
- Run a remarketing campaign. Tracking who visits your website opens the door to a lot of potential sales opportunities. A remarketing campaign will ensure that website visitors are reminded about your store and the products they were interested in, and will encourage them to return.
- Encourage user generated content. Platforms like Snapchat are great for encouraging user generated content. If you have some additional budget, why not create your own branded filter as a way to promote your brand and get potential customers interested in what you have to offer?