With the web being flooded with advertising and content, it can sometimes be difficult to reach your customers and get them to stick around long enough to hear what you have to say.
Many businesses, big and small, have come to realize just how effective explainer videos are at grabbing a potential customer’s attention and actually encouraging them to learn more about your brand. Here are a few interesting stats:
- 64% of businesses believing that video has directly led to increased sales.
- 59% of executives agree that if both text and video are available on the same topic, they are more likely to choose video.
- Including video in a landing page can increase conversions by 80%.
- 4 out of 5 consumers believe that demo videos are helpful.
The benefits of creating an explainer video
So why should your business consider investing in the creation of an explainer video? Here are just a few of the benefits:
- Video boosts SEO. When an online visitor spends more time on your website, Google and other search engines view this as a positive signal. Video will help improve your brand’s visibility in search results and on platforms such as YouTube.
- Video increases conversions. 85% of consumers are far more likely to purchase a product or sign up for a service after watching an explainer video. Explainer videos keep potential customers much more engaged and by having videos on your site, you can track which pages visitors are navigating to after watching the video, giving you valuable insights into your most popular products or services.
- Video showcases your brand’s personality. Not only is an explainer video a great elevator pitch but it also gives you the chance to give potential customers a better idea of what your brand is all about.
How to create an explainer video that rocks
There are lots of different approaches that you can take with your explainer video. Some brands like to take a fun, humorous approach while others like to get straight to the point. The Dollar Shave Club explainer video is the stuff of legends.
Below are a few tips to help you create an explainer video that converts.
- Your script is super important. While graphics might be the first thing that pops into your head when you’re thinking about videos, when it comes to explainer videos, your script is much more important. If possible, it helps to work with a professional writer to develop your script. Brainstorm a few ideas with them, tell them what your brand is all about but leave the actual writing to them.
- Stick to the basics. Give your audience too much information and they’re going to tune out. Instead, stick to one basic message and just give your viewers the most important information. Stick to the problem, solution, how it works and call-to-action formula.
- Quality matters. If you’re going to create an explainer video for your brand, invest in a professional voiceover artist and ensure that your video’s quality is exceptional if you want to create a professional first impression.
- Highlight the benefits. As much as you want to tell people about your product’s amazing features, all a potential customer is really interested in is how it’s going to change their lives so rather stick to highlighting the benefits instead of the features.
- Don’t forget to promote. Spread the word about your video to generate as many views and shares as possible. Along with having the video on your website, post it on social media and upload it to YouTube.